Thursday 8 September 2016


Taylor Tomlinson's Teen Review for Ghostopolis

   Garth Hale seems completely okay with the fact that he's dying, and with his luck he accidentally gets transported to Ghostopolis - the land of the dead.

   I've read this book a few years ago, but entirely forgotten the plot, so I decided to read it again. Ghostopolis is a very light read, and I'm glad I picked it. I have a huge appreciation towards graphic novels specifically because authors are able to put your imagination into drawings and pictures, which I think Doug TenNapel did a great job of doing so. Personally, I relate to Frank Gallows more than any other character. He's clumsy and stubborn, yet passionate and heroic. I did love this book, but at times it was a bit all over the place. I was absorbing a lot of information in such a small amount of time. I couldn't process what was going on at certain times throughout the book.

   I would recommend this book to my friends, but my friends actually recommended it to me, so I can't exactly tell them to read it they've already have. Overall, this was an enjoyable book. I clearly liked it - I mean, this is my third time reading it. Therefore, I'm giving this book a well-deserved 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment