Thursday 8 September 2016

Long Walk to Valhalla by Adam Smith Inspired Two Teen Reviews!

This graphic novel is about a boy and his strange brother, a dead baby and an awful father. Emotionally moving and slightly scary this graphic novel moved me to deep thoughts and actually made me cry.
Long Walk To Valhalla is an amazing graphic novel and I give in a 7/10. -Uly B


Long walk to Valhalla by Adam Smith is a must read graphic novel for anyone. I picked this book because it was a graphic novel and I really enjoy reading graphic novels. This book has an amazing, well written story. It made me want to keep reading and wanting the authors to write a sequel to the book. It made me want to read more and more, wanting to know what is going to happen next This book is about Rory, who grew up in rural Arkansas with his abusive father and his mentally challenged older brother, Joe. Rory  is often called brave by people for staying close with his, “retarded” (What their father called Joe) brother. But Joe is Rory’s best friend and loves him more than anyone else. But one day while Rory was driving for a new job interview, his car broke and noticed a young girl named Sylvia appears from the corn fields. Sylvia is a Valkyrie sent by the Norse god Odin to deliver Rory to Valhalla. And that was where Rory’s perception of life completely changes. My favourite part about the book is the sad yet happy ending, the well written story and the well developed characters.  I would recommend this book to anyone. I give this amazing graphic novel a 5/5 stars.   -Vatsal

No comments:

Post a Comment